Herring run today?

Noah Arthur

Did anyone get to the herring run today? How was gull activity? If there are still any significant gull concentrations, I'd suggest going there until they're gone, even if the numbers are dwindling -- Iceland Gulls and other smaller, less-dominant species are most likely to show up right at the end, when many of the bigger gulls are gone.

Noah Arthur, Oakland

Wen Hsu <wen.hsu@...>

Marjorie Fletcher and I were at Miller Knox in the morning, 2/12.
It was high tide. There were very few gulls at Ferry Point.
A large number of gulls gathered with other seabirds in the water away from the coastline of and beyond the northern part of the park.
Low tide may bring them closer.
We saw 5 Red-breasted Mergansers in the Lagoon around 11 AM.
Wen Hsu