Topics

San Francisco Bay Area Bird Chat

VerneN

In a recent post from the moderator reminding us to limit posts to this site to rare birds or those passing through it was suggested that reports on common birds would be more appropriate in Bird Chat.   I finally found out what that was.

Bird Chat is a new Facebook page created by Janet Ellis with the following mission statement:

"This group is for talking about birds. Rare or casual birds, birding trips, if you saw unusual behavior or went on a trip out of the area. You can also add unusual wildlife you spotted. Post pictures, links and if you want to do a group walk. This is opened for experienced, new birders and wildlife lovers."

Here is the link to the page:

If this link doesn't work, search for "San Francisco Bay Area Bird Chat" when in Facebook.  It is a "Closed Group" so you will have to press the "Join this group" tab and Janet will confirm your "join" via email.

I encourage the membership here to support this exciting new avenue to share one's love of birding.

Mike Feighner

Verne,

It is actually an international/national birding Listserve dealing with all types of birding discussions.

Check it out:

BirdChat Guidelines: http://www.ksbirds.org/birdchat/

Archives: http://listserv.ksu.edu/archives/birdchat.html

" PHILOSOPHY OF BIRDCHAT

BirdChat provides a forum in which to share knowledge concerning wild birds. Lively discussions on topics related to wild birds, birding, and birders are invited. These exchanges should be informative, entertaining, and respectful <http://www.ksbirds.org/birdchat/#netiquette>; . Members are encouraged to feel a sense of community in which they can post without risking humiliation or personal attacks. Anonymity is discouraged, as we have found that respect of the opinions and perspectives of others is more prevalent when everyone is identified and known..."

Winston Churchill: "There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction."

--

TEAMWORK without the TEAM is just plain hard WORK!

--

Michael Feighner

Livermore, CA, Alameda County

<http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelfeighner>; btn_myprofile_160x33

<http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelfeighner>; http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelfeighner

https://www.facebook.com/groups/539022046179728/

If this link doesn't work, search for "San Francisco Bay Area Bird Chat" when in Facebook. It is a "Closed Group" so you will have to press the "Join this group" tab and Janet will confirm your "join" via email.

I encourage the membership here to support this exciting new avenue to share one's love of birding.

Verne Nelson

Glen Tepke

Bird Chat is actually a rather popular name for birding discussion lists, e.g., http://www.birdchat.net/ and http://www.birding.uk.com/forum/bird-chat/ , but the email list identified by Michael is probably the one that the moderator was referring to. That list is also archived on the ABA site ( http://birding.aba.org/maillist/BC ).

Glen Tepke
Oakland