possible Indigo Bunting, Richmond

Alan Krakauer

Anyone want to take a stab at this ID? Juv. bunting in my yard this morning. The throat seems pretty white and contrasty, and there were streaks on the flanks and possibly faint streaking on the breast. This made me think Indigo was a possibility, but I'd love to hear from the experts. Bird is gone now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12341100@N06/7993135908/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12341100@N06/7993136500/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12341100@N06/7993126787/

This is in Richmond View not too far from Wildcat Canyon Park, Contra Costa County. I haven't seen the bird since taking the photographs.

Thanks for any on- or off- list comments on the ID of this bird.

Cheers,
Alan Krakauer
Richmond, CA

George A Suennen

Alan (and others),

I saw a couple of similar birds on Vollmer Peak on the 8th. I couldn't
positively id it either.
Photos start here:

http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/120908-Vollmer-Peak/slides/0908-152959-01.html

If you get a good id, I can update mine photos also.

Thanks,
George