More nesting Red-breasted Nuthatches, this time Canyon Trail Park, EC

George A Suennen

Hello All,

Went to Canyon Trail Park in El Cerrito. Spotted a pair of Red-breasted Nuthatches
cleaning out a nesting hole in a telephone pole at the intersection of Gatto and
Tapscott Ave.

http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/120421-Canyon-Trail/slides/0421-110036-02.html

Also saw a "sparrow" that I couldn't identify. It was dark and hiding in the tree
branches. I had to manually focus the camera to get these shots:

http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/120421-Canyon-Trail/slides/0421-104901-03.html
http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/120421-Canyon-Trail/slides/0421-104908-01.html
http://birds.jorj7.com/2012/120421-Canyon-Trail/slides/0421-105105-01.html

It looks like a juvenile Yellow-crowned, but it's a little early in the year for them to
start showing up. If you have any info about this one, it'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
George
http://birds.jorj7.com

George A Suennen

Sorry,

Excuse me, I meant Golden-crowned Sparrow...

George