Yellow-Headed Blackbird, Pac Comm Linear Park, Fremont

scfloyd2000

A male Yellow-Headed Blackbird was in a mixed flock of hundreds of Tri-Colored, Red-Winged, and Brewer's Blackbirds this morning at the end of Auto Mall Parkway near the R/R tracks in Fremont northwest of Pacific Commons Linear Park.

Rich Nicholson, Brenda Senturia and I were previewing tomorrow's Ohlone Audubon field trip to Pac Commons when we found the bird.

We also had an American Bittern, two Great-Tailed Grackles, a Peregrine Falcon, a Cooper's Hawk, and many others - a great morning birding. Join us tomorrow morning! Details about the field trip may be found at:

http://www.ohloneaudubon.org/index.php/upcoming-events/calendar/view/149/31

Stephanie Floyd
Fremont

Dave Weber

Yellow-headed Blackbird is still present at 2pm west end of Auto Mall Pkwy in Fremont. Bird seen in flight, but the flock keeps breaking up and moving around.
Dave Weber
Sent from my LG phone

Hilary Powers <hilary@...>

On 11/12/2011 1:06 PM, scfloyd2000@yahoo.com wrote:
A male Yellow-Headed Blackbird was in a mixed flock of hundreds of
Tri-Colored...
I went on the Ohlone Audubon trip this morning - great fun. We didn't see the Yellow-headed Blackbird, but we did see another "golden bird": a pure yellow parakeet flying with the blackbird flock and keeping up with its shifts and turns, though it seemed to be working harder than the rest.

And I got to look at a bittern till my eyes got tired of peering through my scope....

--
- Hilary Powers - hilary@powersedit.com - Oakland CA -
- Freelance copyediting and developmental editing -