Bird Hike at new Fernandez Ranch Park on June 5th

photohutch

East Bay Birders,

On Saturday, June 5th, the Muir Heritage Land Trust is opening the 702
acre Fernandez Ranch to the public. As part of the opening
celebration, there will be 2.75 mile bird hike to search the park’s
unexplored 702 acres for our feathered friends.

The hike will wind through riparian, oak woodland, and open grassland
habitats and many of our regional species will certainly be seen.
However, as this property has yet to be birded by experienced birders,
I’m sure some surprises will pop up.

Fernandez Ranch is located near the Franklin Canyon Golf Course,
between Hercules and Martinez, just off of Hwy. 4; directions and
detailed information can be found at the Muir Heritage Land Trust’s
website: www.muirheritagelandtrust.org

Some images of the property and birds can be found on my site: www.photohutch.com/Fernandez/index.html

The Details

Where: Muir Heritage Land Trust’s Fernandez Ranch
When: Saturday, June 5th
Time: Opening Celebration begins at 10:30am; Hike begins approximately
at Noon
Length: 2.75 miles
Terrain: Trail, with some moderate elevation
What to bring: Binoculars, Water, Snack/Lunch, Tick Repellant (just in
case), Sunscreen
Leader: Cheryl Abel (an expert birder)
Host: Steve Hutchcraft (a mediocre birder)

Please RSVP to ellen@muirheritagelandtrust.org or call 925-228-7152.

Hope you can join us and happy birding at this terrific new birding destination!

Steve Hutchcraft
Alamo, CA

PS. Though this isn’t a sighting, posting of this message was okayed
by the MDAS.