Crab Cove and Elsie Roemer Labor Day GGAS trip

Maureen Lahiff

I was on the trip, too, and I seriously doubt anyone saw a Marbled Murrelet.

I also think all the turnstones we saw were Black Turnstones.

Some had dark legs, some did not, but the ones that did not have dark,blackish legs did not have the strong orange color of the Ruddy Turnstones, definitely orange even in winter plumage.  All of the ones I saw had uniformly dark heads, upper chins and chests, with no white patches on their chins and no white surrounded by a brown U shape.

Here is what I think of as the quintessential winter Ruddy Turnstone from wikipedia commons: