OT (kinda) -- ID of Tattlers on sand/mud flats

Noah Arthur

Seems like a lot of Wandering Tattlers are getting reported right now all up and down our great state of California, and this week I've seen two reports of tattlers observed on flat sand or mud habitats (not their usual rocky shorelines). So I thought I'd point out that Gray-tailed Tattlers do tend to forage on sand more often than Wandering Tattlers! I do think it would be a good idea to photograph and carefully ID any tattler that's seen on a sandy beach or other non-rocky situation...

Noah Arthur (Oakland)
semirelicta@...
510-967-2179