Osprey Nest, Pt. Pinole

Sheila Dickie

Birded yesterday afternoon, June 8, 2016, with Inger Coble who spotted an Osprey Nest out on the old pier pilings adjacent to the new pier at Pt. Pinole Regional Shoreline Park with an Osprey sitting on top. The Osprey then dive-bombed a cormorant swimming alongside the piling, flew and sat on another piling then disappeared.

As we turned to walk back through the park, we saw two Ospreys flying on our left over open water. I had seen one Osprey at Pt Pinole on the pilings on May 29, but had not noticed the nest, which is the typical heap of untidy sticks.

Sheila Dickie
Richmond