Pacific Commons Linear 02-15-16

Matthew Dodder

Folks,

Cricket and I explored Pacific Commons Linear Park this morning. Most of the expected Waterfowl were present, but slightly unexpected we thought was a group of a dozen GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE. The male and female REDHEAD showed nicely as well. As we left, a single adult GOLDEN EAGLE flew in from the east, chased by three COMMON RAVENS. It landed briefly on one of the power towers above the road before flying off toward the west. WHITE-TAILED KITES were also present, engaged in courtship display over the dry meadow.

Matthew Dodder
Mountain View, CA