Slaty-backed Gull at Point Richmond

Noah Arthur

I spent much of the day today gulling at Miller-Knox Shoreline (at Point Richmond), at the herring run, where there were slightly fewer gulls than yesterday, but still thousands. A really great flock. The adult SLATY-BACKED GULL who comes to this herring run every year was back again today -- identified individually by his mostly unstreaked head and 2-3 aberrant white primary coverts. Several possible 'Kumlien's' Iceland Gulls were probably too dark to be CBRC-acceptable, but I need to look at my photos again to decide if I want to go ahead and call them Iceland!

I'll try to post some photos later.

Noah Arthur
Oakland, CA/Lincoln, NE