Cooper's Hawk among the Sparrows and Warblers at the Albany Mudflats

George A Suennen

Hello All,

Took a quick walk at the Albany Mudflats (between the rains) at high tide. There were a few ducks braving the weather, Green-winged Teal, American Wigeon, Gadwall, Ruddy Duck, and Mallard, but the perching birds seemed to be scarce. Then I noticed a Cooper's Hawk in the trees next to the path leading to the Bulb.

http://birds.avianist.com/2015/151213-Albany-Mudflats/slides/1213-124454-02.html

I watched it for a while, then it flew off. A minute later a Red-tailed Hawk flew by. Don't know if that's a coincident or the Cooper's Hawk saw it coming...

Once it flew off, the birds started to appear: Black Pheobe, White-crowned, Golden Crowned Sparrow, California Towhee, Yellow-rumped and Orange-crowned Warbler, and House Finches.

http://birds.avianist.com/2015/151213-Albany-Mudflats

Then it rain started again, so I left.

Best Regards,
George