Pair of Kingfishers, Cedar Waxwings, and others at the Berkeley Aquatic Park

George A Suennen

Hello All,

Took a walk at Berkeley Aquatic Park today. Got some good shots of a Belted Kingfisher. There were two there occasionally chasing each other. Also got a few good photos of a flock of Cedar Waxwings feeding on the east side of the main pond.

Kingfisher photos start at: http://birds.avianist.com/2015/151201-Berkeley-Aquatic-Park/slides/1201-132935-05.html

Cedar Waxwing photos start at: http://birds.avianist.com/2015/151201-Berkeley-Aquatic-Park/slides/1201-144314-06.html

Complete set of photos from today are at: http://birds.avianist.com/2015/151201-Berkeley-Aquatic-Park
(140 photo, ~40 species)

There was one bird I couldn't id for sure. I think it was a Orange-crowned Warbler, but a man came up to me while I was tracking it and asked me to take some photos of the Monarch Butterflies that were clustered in a near by tree.

Photos of the suspected warbler start at: http://birds.avianist.com/2015/151201-Berkeley-Aquatic-Park/slides/1201-131521-04.html

and the butterflies start at: http://birds.avianist.com/2015/151201-Berkeley-Aquatic-Park/slides/1201-131608-03.html

If anyone can confirm the id of the bird, I'd appreciate it.

Best Regards,
George
http://birds.avianist.com