Red Crossbills, White-Throated Sparrow, Tilden

scfloyd2000

Sharon Jue, Vicki Robinson and I visited Tilden early this afternoon and found two Red Crossbills at the top of a redwood tree near the corp yard at the nature center.  Down the road towards Jewel Lake we found a tan-striped White-Throated Sparrow, and at the lake a Belted Kingfisher was rattling around.

At Tilden Botanic Garden we dipped on Swamp Sparrow but saw ten Red Crossbills.  Initially the birds were at the top of Santa Lucia firs.  They then flew to perch on another conifer, back and forth twice, before flying away.

Vicki got a few photos to share.

Stephanie Floyd

Fremont