Ardenwood

Matthew Dodder

Folks,

Yesterday afternoon I made a quick stop at Ardenwood to see the LEWIS'S WOODPECKER in the Northwood portion of the park. It was easily relocated in the bare branches of the tallest eucalyptus trees bordering the orchard. Also present in the  E-I-O PICNIC AREA was a RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER. WESTERN BLUEBIRDS, CEDAR WAXWINGS and of course many YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS were there as well. The farmhouse and the fountain was active with PINE SISKIN, AMERICAN GOLDFINCHES, HOUSE FINCHES and YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS. HERMIT THRUSH was almost abundant in the wooded section leading back toward Southwood. The pumpkin field contained a good number of TRICOLORED BLACKBIRDS as well as RED-WINGED and BREWER'S BLACKBIRDS.

Matthew Dodder
Mountain View