Pt. Pinole Regional Shoreline-Western Kingbird

Sheila Dickie

On Sunday, May 24 in very windy conditions, there was a Western Kingbird perched on Fennel on the outskirts of the picnic area out by the pier at Pt. Pinole Regional Shoreline Park. As I was leaving that area, a Bullock's Oriole foraged among the shrubbery. Despite the wind, Western Bluebirds were everywhere, in all parts of the park. Other species included 5 Northern Mockingbirds, one Mallard Drake on the pond in middle of park, and Nuttalls Woodpecker heard twice. From the Bay View Trail the only Bay-birds I saw were two Snowy Egrets walking along the tide line.

Sheila Dickie
Richmond