Possible Anhinga (VERY POOR VIEW ONLY) in Don Edwards

Noah Arthur

Just saw what looked like a cormorant but appeared to have a VERY long tail in flight in Don Edwards, while driving on Dumbarton Bridge. I only saw it for a few seconds from a moving car, so IT COULD HAVE BEEN ANYTHING, but it reminded me of an Anhinga and might be worth a look around if anyone is around there this afternoon. I can't get back there until later.

It was flying very low over a channel in the marsh, just south of the bridge, about halfway between the toll plaza and the end of the marsh.

Noah Arthur, Oakland