Berkeley Aquatic Park - Egrets and Herons and Ray?

George A Suennen

Hello All,

I made a quick stop at the Berkeley Aquatic Park to check out what was there. A Great Egret had staked out a spot in the overflow duct between the South and Central Pond and was catching dozens of small fish. The Snowys were fighting to get in the same are. Also saw a couple of Great Blue and Black-crowns. Didn't see any ducks, well just one male Mallard. I figure they've either moved on or feeding somewhere else. Then I saw this:

http://birds.avianist.com/2015/150510-Berkeley-Aquatic-Park/slides/0510-172927-01.html

swimming in the Central pond. Didn't know they had large rays there. Was about 3 1/2-4 feet across. Wonder if it helped the ducks move on?

Anyway I posted a few photos on my website at:

ht0tp://birds.avianist.com/2015/150510-Berkeley-Aquatic-Park/

Best Regards,
George
http://birds.avianist.com