Black-crowned Night Heron on Telegraph Ave, Berkeley

George A Suennen

Hello All,

While walking to work I saw a large bird in a tree on Telegraph Ave in Berkeley, between Ward and Stuart in front of the Rose Garden Inn. I thought it was an owl. I got my camera (minus "bird" lens) from work and went back to take some photos. While trying to figure out what it was, a crow landed in the tree a few feet away. This woke up the bird, who just preened a little, then went back to sleep. But it was enough for me to figure out it was a BCNH. I know they are not that unusual in the Bay Area, but I didn't expect to see on here. I put a few photos on my site (not very good ones).

http://birds.avianist.com/2015/150422-Berkeley/

Best Regards,

George
http://birds.avianist.com