Rough-winged Swallows at Richmond Eastshore Park

George A Suennen

Hello All,

I made a quick trip to Richmond Eastshore Park off South 51st street. As I was entering the park there were a lot of swallows flying overhead. After trying to photograph them in the air for a while (kind of difficult), I noticed a few sitting on the bard wire fence. I was able to get my first good shots of a Northern Rough-winged Swallow. I posted a few on my site at:

http://birds.avianist.com/2015/150414-Richmond-Eastshore-Park/

Also saw lots of Red-winged Blackbirds, Cliff Swallows, Golden-crowned Sparrows, Mallards, Canada Geese (including one with a white eyebrow), Willets, Starlings, and Least Sandpipers. There were a few Whimbrels, Mourning Doves, House Finches, Avocets, and Green-winged Teals. There was also one bird I thought is a Red-winged Blackbird, but had rusty coloring on it's face. Looked like a cross between a Red-wing and a California Towhee.

http://birds.avianist.com/2015/150414-Richmond-Eastshore-Park/slides/0414-183853-02.html

It's sure great to still have light at 7 PM.

Best Regards,
George
http://birds.avianist.com