Berkeley Aquatic Park - Cedar Waxwings

George A Suennen

Hello all,

There was a large flock of Cedar Waxwings feeding on the Arbutus unedo at the southern end of the Aquatic Park this morning.  I posted a few photos at:

http://birds.avianist.com/2015/150401-Berkeley-Aquatic-Park/index2.html

There were also the usual shorebirds and water fowl as well as Red-tailed Hawk being bothered by a pair of crows.  The Red-tail heard me taking some photos of it, and came in close for a look.  The crows left at that point and the Red-tail flew closer to me.  I had to back up to get the full bird into frame...  I guess it preferred me to the crows.

Best Regards,
George
http://birds.avianist.com