Tap, Tap, Tap on the bedroom window

George A Suennen

Hello all,

My daughter was complaining about something tapping on her bedroom window early in the morning. I've seen Scrub-Jays trying to break open acorns on roofs and Kinglets hunting spiders in the eves, but I wasn't prepared for this.

A fearless predator, tapping on the window....

http://birds.avianist.com/2015/150314-El-Cerrito-Hills/slides/0314-134623-05.html

Apparenty this wild creature was hunting it's prey on the pyracantha bush in the back yard and pounding it into submission on the bedroom window.

I found the culprit this afternoon, we're located in the hills of El Cerrito. Has anyone else observed this behavior?

Regards,
George
http://birds.avianist.com