Miller Knox/Ferry Point

Jeff Acuff

Today at the Miller-Knox lagoon the continuing Eurasian wigeons and red-breasted merganser were present.  Additionally there was a blue-winged teal, and another duck that I originally took for a female blue-winged teal due to size, shape and the fact that it seemed to be associating with the male.  On closer examination, the plumage didn't look right, so I don't have an ID.  (For anyone interested, I have posted photos at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/jkaccip/BirdsUnidentified?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Near shore off the rocks between the lagoon and Ferry Point, two brant were present also.

Good birding,

Jeff Acuff

Lafayette