Re: Hawk in Pleasanton neighborhood

Joe Morlan

Looks like a dark morph Ferruginous Hawk to me.

On 08 Jan 2015 23:53:43 -0800, "anthonylee61@... [EBB_Sightings]"
<EBB_Sightings-noreply@...> wrote:

I first noticed a hawk stayed on my neighbor's tree last year on January 6, 2014. It hanged around there for over a month. It always came back around 3:30 PM and flew South as soon as the sun rises at 7:30 AM. It was gone by the time I purchased a scope in February hoping to take a good picture of it. This afternoon I am really excited to see a hawk perched on my neighbor tree again, almost exactly a year later. It appears to be the same hawk. Can someone ID the type of hawk it is? It is larger than the red-tailed. Thanks.

Anthony Lee
Pleasanton

Hawk pictures:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115033017@N06/16235230022/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/115033017@N06/16235230022/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115033017@N06/16049933239/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/115033017@N06/16049933239/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115033017@N06/16048359720/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/115033017@N06/16048359720/

--
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA
"It turns out we're very good at not seeing things" - Jack Hitt