Del Valle flocks

Jaan Lepson <lepson@...>

Took a late afternoon walk from the road down to the lake along East Ridge Trail. While eating dinner at the lake I noticed a huge kettle of Turkey Vultures high overhead, slowly heading to the southwest. I counted 63 vultures (though I could be off by a few). It's by far the largest vulture aggregation I can recall seeing. Nearing the top of the trail was a tight, wheeling flock of starlings that must have numbered over a thousand. I did not count :)

Finally, the non-avian highlight was not one, but two tarantulas - 'tis the season!

good birding (and spidering),

Jaan Lepson
Livermore