From: EBB_Sightings@...
To: EBB_Sightings@...
Sent:Sun Jun 22 03:10:06 UTC 2014
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Phainopeplas at Lime Ridge, Walnut Creek

A pair of Phainopeplas was present in their usual (mid-April to mid-July) area of Lime Ridge in Walnut Creek this afternoon at 1:00.  To get to the Phainopepla spot, park at the trailhead opposite the clubhouse of the Boundary Oaks golf course at the end of Valley Vista Road.  Walk up the Ohlone Trail (the only trail) and turn left at the first trail junction, staying on the Ohlone Trail.  You will soon come to a gate.  Start watching and listening for the Phainopeplas from this point along the trail past the upper end of the golf driving range.  Also present in the area were a couple singing Rufous-crowned Sparrows and typical oak savannah birds.

Happy birding,

Joel Herr