White-tailed Kites nesting in Walnut Creek

pheagy2002

I live on a cul-de-sac on Mendota Ct in Walnut Creek, near the intersection of Pleasant Hill Rd, Geary Rd. and Camino Verde.  We have had a lot of nesting activity this year, and today I finally figured out that the squawking noise I was hearing were at least 2 fledgling White-tailed Kites. There are a lot of tall pine trees in the neighborhood, and they were flying from tree to tree.  I believe they may have nested in the Pines between Mendota Ct and Camino Verde.