Re: Swainson's Thrush - Martinez yard

Jackie Bobrosky

I've had a Swainson's Thrush in my yard for two weeks and now have at least two (that I've seen).  I hear them from early morning to early evening with their lovely call and song, They call to each other from one side of my street to the other so there could be more.  They are quite comfortable here, especially drawn to my small fishpond waterfall.  Lovin' it!

Jackie Bobrosky
Martinez

To: "Sightings, EBB"
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:03:31 PM
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Swainson's Thrush - Livermore yard - 5/14

We have had a Swainson's Thrush in our yard for a couple of days. My husband said, "there's a strange thrush out here" but it was gone by the time I came out with my binocs. But I caught it on our tortoise cam that evening. It was also bathing today and I saw it as well, though mostly heard its soft "whit" call.

I only recall two previous records for our yard in the 20 years I've lived here. Both were birds that thumped into the patio door (both survived) on nearly the same date in May a couple years apart about 15 years ago. Nice to see one keeping in the bushes instead.

Jaan Lepson
Livermore

On May 14, 2014, at 20:46, "Paul Schorr pkschorr@... [EBB_Sightings]" wrote:

> Throughout today in our yard, there was a FOS Swainson's Thrush foraging, drinking and bathing.
>
> Good birding,
>
> Paul and Nancy Schorr
> Antioch
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe go to: EBB_Sightings-unsubscribe@...
> To contact the list Administrator go to: EBB_Sightings-owner@...
> Yahoo Groups Links
>
>
>

=============================
Jaan Lepson

University of California
Space Sciences Laboratory
7 Gauss Way
Berkeley, CA 94720-7451

Join EBB-Sightings@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.