Swainson's Thrush - Livermore yard - 5/14

Jaan Lepson <lepson@...>

We have had a Swainson's Thrush in our yard for a couple of days. My husband said, "there's a strange thrush out here" but it was gone by the time I came out with my binocs. But I caught it on our tortoise cam that evening. It was also bathing today and I saw it as well, though mostly heard its soft "whit" call.

I only recall two previous records for our yard in the 20 years I've lived here. Both were birds that thumped into the patio door (both survived) on nearly the same date in May a couple years apart about 15 years ago. Nice to see one keeping in the bushes instead.

Jaan Lepson
Livermore

On May 14, 2014, at 20:46, "Paul Schorr pkschorr@comcast.net [EBB_Sightings]" <EBB_Sightings@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Throughout today in our yard, there was a FOS Swainson's Thrush foraging, drinking and bathing.

Good birding,

Paul and Nancy Schorr
Antioch

Yahoo Groups Links