Cedar Waxwings, Pygmy Nuthatch, Western Bluebird and more at Canyon Trail Park, EC

George A Suennen

Hello all,

Been a while since I've posted. Went for a walk in Canyon Trail Park in El Cerrito and saw 30-40 Cedar Waxwings. Also saw a pair of Pygmy Nuthatches nesting in a tree, several Western Bluebirds and a few other more common birds.

I posted photos at http://birds.avianist.com/2014/140419-Canyon-Trail/

Here's a complete list of the birds I saw (in order of appearance):

Red-tailed Hawk
Pigeons (Domestic)
Common Raven
American Crow
House Sparrow (including Fledgling)
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Black Phoebe
California Towhee
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Lesser Goldfinch
Dark-eye Junco
Chestnut-backed Chickadee
Nuttall's Woodpecker
American Robin
Pygmy Nuthatch (Nesting)
Anna's Hummingbird
Cedar Waxwing
American Goldfinch
Western Scrub-Jay
Song Sparrow
Mourning Dove
Western Bluebird
House Finch

The Crows got into a altercation with a Raven right over my head. Too close to get photos, but made some interesting sounds and aerobatic maneuvers. Would have made a nice video...

Best Regards,
George
http://birds.avianist.com