Black-thr. Sparrow at Coyote Hills

bdisme51 <bdisme51@...>

The Black-throated Sparrow was still present at 2:45 this afternoon. Kathy Parker and I had the bird on the path next to the orange-colored lichen rocks mentioned in Stephanie's post. We then went over to the large fennel patch on the west side of the south marsh and were able to pish up a MacGillivray's Warbler there. Kathy then left to go home and I went over to the visitor center. In the nectar garden there were 3 birders with cameras who were kind enough to show me pictures of the Black-throated Sparrow that they had taken there in the garden. So you may want to look there first. The nectar garden does not open until 10am and is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. It closed today at 4pm.

Other species seen in my journey there included but not limited to: Cooper's Hawk, Red-shouldered Hawk, Marbled Godwit, Western Wood-pewee, Flicker, Nuttall's Woodpecker, Loggerhead Shrike, Red-breasted Nuthatch, House Wren, Hermit Thrush, Oranged-crowned and Yellow Warblers, Savannah, Fox, White-crowned and Golden-Crowned Sparrows, Lesser and American Goldfinches.

Coyote Hills Regional Park is located in Fremont at the west end of Patterson Ranch Road.