Re: Identify new bird call?

David Brostoff

On Mar 24, 2014, at 17:34 , Susan Greef <susan.greef@...> wrote:

A good mystery! Quite probably Wilson's Warbler, or possibly Oak Titmouse. Check them out on this website:

http://macaulaylibrary.org/
Thank you for both tips.

I am fairly certain it was an Oak Titmouse, one of which I saw here for the first time a few months ago or so.

The three or four notes from about 00:58 to 1:07 of the Oak Titmouse Catalog #118639 at <http://macaulaylibrary.org/> seem to be just what I heard, followed by a fifth, higher one at the end. (The Wilson's Warbler call is higher and wispier.) I now realize I was wrong to call them staccato.

David