Oyster Bay gull swarm

Noah Arthur

Perhaps because of the hot weather, huge numbers of gulls from the landfill were resting and bathing on Tufted Duck Slough (on the north side of Oyster Bay shoreline) this afternoon. It was by far the biggest congregation I've ever seen there, densely packed from the end of the slough out past the green bridge, with birds constantly coming and going. So if anyone likes gulls, I'd suggest going to Oyster Bay (during outgoing tide!) in the next few days while the weather stays hot!

No standout rarities except for a GLAUCOUS-WINGEDxGLAUCOUS HYBRID; still working on ID's of some odd ones, though...

Noah