From: EBB_Sightings@... [mailto:EBB_Sightings@...]
On Behalf Of Steven Tucker
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 1:54 PM
To: ebb_sightings@...
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Slaty-backed Gull at Ferry Point

This morning around 11:00 I had an adult Slaty-backed Gull at Ferry Point.
It was foraging on the pilings under the old pier and was generally a pain
in the ass to see, although it was kind enough to flash open a wing to show
off its string of pearls before retreating under the pier. This was a very
white-headed individual and is most likely the same bird that has been
making appearances at herring runs around the bay this winter and last (and
spent some time here for the big herring run a year ago).

Good luck,

Steve Tucker

Oakland