Robinson Rd Mtn Plovers and Flannery Rd Burrowing Owls

Bingham Gibbs

Made a quick run out to Rio Vista today.  There were so few raptors I was shocked.  However, on Flannery Rd we had two BUOWs on the fence and three along the berm in the middle of the field with some green grass trying to grow.  Then along Robinson Rd in the field on the north side across from the windbreak of osage orange trees we found Long-billed Curlews and five or six Mtn Plovers.  It is so dry, it is sad and scary..  Lots of Loggerhead Shrikes, though!
Bingham Gibbs
Danville, CA