Tilden Regional Park Sollitary Sandpiper

rosita94598

The already reported Solitary Sandpiper was across Jewel Lake when I finally left just before 2 PM. I was leaving when Jane Dang arrived, so walked back to show her where it had been. By that time it had disappeared behind the sandbar or to the left somewhere behind the branches and leaves. We set our scopes and I showed her where it had been. In a few minutes she pointed out that the bird was on the sandbar, but way to the left in front of the cattails. We watched for quite a while, then showed a couple families with children what we were watching. What a kick.

Nice bird, nice picture, Harjeet.

Hugh B. Harvey