No Clay-colored Sparrow found at Miller/Knox RRA

David Quady and Nancy Boas

Birders:

I spent an hour or so yesterday afternoon searching without success for the Clay-colored Sparrow that Jeff Acuff photographed near the derelict ATSF pier at Ferry Point in Richmond's Miller/Knox Regional Recreation Area earlier in the day. This morning I spent another hour and a half working doubtless the same flock. Today it consisted of upwards of 30 White-crowned Sparrows (a few more than I detected yesterday), most of which, if not all, were apparently Z. l. pugetensis. Again I didn't find the Clay-colored Sparrow. Ostracized, was it, perhaps?

At any rate, if anyone does re-find the bird, please post it. Thanks in advance.

Dave Quady
Berkeley, California
davequady@att.net