Re: Painted redstart

gail Ryujin <gailryujin@...>

hello,  saw the painted restart from 1:10 to 1:40 today.  Its at the same oak tree and seems to stay only in the right hand side of the tree.    Please respect the residents and their privacy.  Thanks to the birders who patiently helped me spot the bird.  Lifer.

Gail

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:53 PM, Joseph Morlan wrote:

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 20:30:23 +0000, Nat Weber wrote:

>Painted redstart seen just now in the large oak at 2733 Woolsey. Berkeley. You have to walk down the driveway to the oak.

This morning the word was that birders have permission to walk down that
driveway and look in the large oak in back which is where the bird spends
most of its time.

Please speak softly and be respectful of the property and the residents.

Here is a photo I took this morning of the bird in the oak.

http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/PaintedRedstartDSCN5133.htm

Special thanks to Katie Bertsche for finding the bird and arranging for
access with the property owners.
--
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA
"It turns out we're very good at not seeing things" - Jack Hitt