FOS Buffleheads at Doolittle Pond

VerneN

At sundown yesterday, I was happy to see six Buffleheads flying into Doolittle Pond form San Leandro Bay to spend the night.  SLB is filling up with migrants.  Many pairs of Mallards and Teales are flying in and the concentrations of Brown Pelicans is increasing.

I don't know whether fishing is so good because the fish (sculpins?) have been relatively "unmolested" the whole summer or whether they too come in for the winter season.

Here's a juvenile DC Cormorant (thanks Hilary for correcting my ID) about to dine on one in with quick toss into the "hatch":

I'm seeing many catches these days by cormorants, egrets, night herons and pelicans.  Abbondanza!