Wilson's and Flycatcher in Richmond

Sheila Dickie

On Saturday, Aug. 21 and Sunday, Aug. 22 at mid afternoon I saw a male Wilson's Warbler in the shrubbery along the east side of Meeker Slough creek behind the condos in Marina Bay in Richmond, near the tennis courts.  The path runs from Meeker Slough Bridge to Marina Bay Parkway, near intersection of Regatta Blvd.  The warbler seemed to be following a flock of busy Bushtits both days.  Also seen on Aug 21 in same location a flycatcher that I failed to positively identify but thought maybe Willow as wing-bars were off white/buffy, faintly striped upper breast. It was bobbing its tail downward for much of the time on view.

Sheila Dickie
Richmond