Miller-Knox RS - Willow Flycatcher

Laura Look <chamaea@...>

Today (Wed, Sept. 4), I saw a few unusual birds at Miller-Knox Regional Shoreline in Richmond.

A WILLOW FLYCATCHER was along Dornan Dr between Ferry Pt parking and the south duck pond parking lot.

2 Wild Turkeys were mooching with pigeons in the south pond parking lot.

5 American White Pelicans were at the pond for awhile.

A Warbling Vireo was in a mixed flock along West Ridge Trail.

A White-breasted Nuthatch was working the trees near the pond where the mooching geese and domestic ducks hang out. This was a first for me for the entire Richmond area, perhaps a post-breeding disperser from the inland hills. I almost mistook him for one of the resident Red-breasted Nuthatches.

An adult HEERMANN'S GULL flew past Ferry Pt.

Park info: http://www.ebparks.org/parks/miller_knox

NOTE: The Dornan Dr tunnel is still closed. To reach the park, take Canal Blvd to Seacliff Dr, which takes you around to the back end of Dornan Dr at Ferry Pt.

Good birding,
--
Laura Look
Pinole, CA