I got mobbed!

VerneN

Yesterday I went to the dike at Doolittle Pond, MLK Shoreline, Oakland.
As I walked out onto the dike a group of five or so adult Forster's
Terns began swooping down on me each screeching loudly and making a pass
about five feet from my head. It took me a while to figure out what was
likely happening.
There was a larger flock also in flight that included juveniles. I
believe the adults were letting them learn to fish while also protecting
the "perimeter" High tide was flowing into the pond and its fast
currents were probably sweeping minnows in with it...an easy hunt. I
left them in peace after a few minutes, but did manage a few photos of
the attacks.
http://www.pbase.com/vnelson/image/151332786
<http://www.pbase.com/vnelson/image/151332786>
http://www.pbase.com/vnelson/image/151326560