From: Jeff Acuff <jkaccip@yahoo.com>
To: EBB Sightings <EBB_Sightings@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2013 6:40 PM
Subject: Pacheco Marsh - Help with ID

The album (rather than just one photo):
https://picasaweb.google.com/jkaccip/MaybeWEME?authuser=0&feat=directlink

________________________________
From: Jeff Acuff <jkaccip@yahoo.com>
To: EBB Sightings <EBB_Sightings@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:57 PM

Today I took a walk through Pacheco Marsh in Martinez which turned out to be mostly quiet.  Highlights were northern harrier, white-tailed kites and a pair of cinnamon teal along Waterfront Road.

Additionally I found and photographed a bird that I cannot ID.  My best guess is juvenile western meadowlark, but the plain back and contrasting malar stripe don't look right.  I've had even less success turning the bird into a horned lark, dickcissel, pipit or Ammodramus sparrow.  If anyone would like to take a look at the photos, I've posted them at the link below, and I welcome comments.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/lLFwD4F28gGNOBBdel1yWNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Good Birding,
Jeff Acuff