Re: Snowy Egret with Little Egret-like Plume

Jeff Acuff

Apparently there was a problem with the link I provided.  I hope this one works better:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yjJOCALSUi851IMP9HQ2MdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

--- In EBB_Sightings@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Acuff <jkaccip@...> wrote:

Last week I saw and photographed a snowy egret that had me thinking of Little Egret because of its head plume.  After doing some research and consulting with several other birders I've concluded that other characteristics point to Snowy Egret.  And then three's the issue that Little Egret just shouldn't be here.

Nonetheless,
due to the head plume, which as far as I can tell is uncharacteristic, other
birders may be interested in the photos, so I have posted them starting here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/jkaccip/_EBirdPicassa#5888670664385236674

I saw the egret along Landfill Loop Trail in Richmond.

Good Birding,

Jeff Acuff