Tilden Regional Park misc.

Logan Kahle

Hi all,
Though most of the day was not a concerted birding effort, I managed to sneak in some time amongst other activities.

I spent the majority of the day in Tilden Regional Park. I started at the Botanical Garden, and found a few sightings of interest:
Cooper's Hawk-1
Band-tailed Pigeon-2
Olive-sided Flycatcher-1
RED CROSSBILL-2; see description in eBird report below

eBird report:

Near the Golf Course, I heard another Olive-sided Flycatcher and a Hairy Woodpecker.

Inspiration Point wasn't very active, so I continued on to Jewel Lake to see if I could pull out a vagrant. No luck with that, though I found one very nice foraging flock that I spent about 10 minutes sorting through. It contained several Chestnut-backed Chickadees and Hutton's Vireos, a couple American Goldfinches and one of each Warbling Vireo and Wilson's and Orange-crowned Warblers, though I failed to pull out something really exciting out of the bunch.

eBird checklists for the other spots:

Good birding,
Logan Kahle
San Francisco