Heather Farm Friday May 10 Walnlut Creek

rosita94598

Just back late yesterday from business and birds in Chicago and Milwaukee. So he can be totally embarrassed, I will state here that Rich Cimino owes me a beer for finding him a Northern Waterthrush and an American Redstart at Lions Den Gorge near Grafton, Wisconsin yesterday.

In Heather Farm this morning, the Common Gallinule, which I first noticed but failed to report May 1, is still present. But my favorite sighting of the morning was the Spotted Sandpiper which flew across the large, mostly natural pond and landed on the bare dirt near the large oak. I was standing at the wooden railing on the east side of the pond.

Nothing like early birding in California, when you're used to early birding in the Central Time Zone!

Hugh