First Friday Golden Gate Audubon Society Birdwalk May 3, 2013

Alan Kaplan <lnkpln@...>

Friends!

We had our regular First Friday GGAS Birdwalk at 8:30am on May 3, 2013, at Tilden Nature Area, Berkeley, an hour after our Dawn Chorus birdwalk finished. Four people attended both walks.
Twenty birders saw 36 species, and at least 3 species of butterfly (Pipevine Swallowtail, Tiger Swallowtail and Buckeye).

Our theme was the Neuroscience of Birdsong. Send me a separate e-mail if you are interested in some information on this.

Doug H. won the door prize: a set of bird cards from Patricia McQuade. Special visitor was Larry McCombs (Tunstall), who was the "list mother" for the ListServe predecessor of this EBB Sightings list.

Here is the list:

Mallard (male, female and 10 ducklings)
Wild Turkey
Double-crested Cormorant