Chipping and Rufous-Crowned Sparrows

Jeff Acuff

This morning just past the intersection of the Briones-Mt Diablo trail and the Borges Ranch Trail (south of Borges Ranch, Walnut Creek) I found 2-4 chipping sparrows, 4-6 rufous-crowned sparrows and a lark sparrow all active at the same location.  One rufous-crowned sparrow was gathering nest material and one chipping sparrow was singing.

Elsewhere on the trails south of Borges Ranch, western kingbirds and Bullock's orioles were fairly abundant (although not quite as abundant as bicyclists), and I stumbled upon a pair of rock wrens.

Good Birding,
Jeff Acuff

Lafayette