Nimitz Way, Tilden Park - MacGillivray's Warbler, Violet-green Swallow, Osprey

George A Suennen

Hello all,

Allen and I stopped by the Nimitz Way location to look for the MacGillvray's Warbler.
While there we spotted a pair of Violet-green Swallows, lots of Wilson's Warblers, and
2 pair of Western Bluebirds. While talking to Phila Rogers, who happened to walk by,
I saw a couple of Red-tailed Hawks (plus a small group of Ravens) circle over head. After
they past, I saw what I thought was another one come fly over, but it turned out to be
an Osprey. It circled twice then proceeded east.

http://birds.jorj7.com/2013/130412-Tilden-Park/slides/0412-091843-01.html

After waiting around for about half an hour, we decided to leave, but as we walk
back I spotted the MacGillivray's singing in a pine tree on the west side of the trail.
It kept it's back to us while it sang, so didn't get the best shot possible:

http://birds.jorj7.com/2013/130412-Tilden-Park/slides/0412-094446-01.html

(Phila I did whistle, but I don't think you heard me)

Also had a mystery bird, which looks like a warbler, but I couldn't id:

http://birds.jorj7.com/2013/130412-Tilden-Park/slides/0412-081715-01.html

Maybe someone might have an idea.

Full set of photos at: http://birds.jorj7.com/2013/130412-Tilden-Park/

Best Regards,