Golden Eagle and Lark Sparrows at Sunol.

James

I hiked from the School Camp parking lot to High Valley Camp at Sunol from 12-3:30 today. There were numerous Varied Thrushes and a couple of Orange-Crowned Warblers at the campground. At the intersection of Hayfield Road and Cave Rocks Trail there were several Lark Sparrows. As I approached, they flew off into a large mostly dead oak on the right side of the trail. There were also Bluebirds and Yellow-Rumped Warblers in the oak. Further up the trail, on the hill just below the windmill, a Golden Eagle cruised passed me at eye level and about 25 feet away.
Complete list:
American Robin
Hermit Thrush
Varied Thrush